Do you have what it takes?
New for 2022, we’re bringing you Road to NASS presented by Bad Monday – our brand new online search for the best Skate & BMX talent.
Enter today for the chance to win your wildcard to NASS Invitational comps along with some tasty prize money! All you need to do is submit a video of your best run (45s max) of you skateboarding or riding in the competition and division of your choice (Street, Park, Mini ramp). The winners will be selected by our judges. Please read carefully the terms of entry below to ensure your application is successful !
£4,000 PRIZE PURSE + 21 Wildcards to NASS Festival
HOW TO ENTER
You are required to film and submit a video which is no longer than 45 seconds and with NO Editing. You should provide a continuous run which is filmed in one go. If your video does not respect these guidelines, you will not be judged or scored.
You’re welcome to film your run on any camera or mobile phone but please ensure the quality is sufficient for our judges to review and meets the below requirements:
- Minimum resolution is 1280×1080
- Portrait orientation
- Minimum 25 frames per second
- Maximum of 45 seconds video
- You are to submit a video which is NOT edited
Road to NASS is open to all UK skateboarders and BMX riders of any age. Athlete entering this competition should not be sponsored or making a living from skateboarding or BMX.
In the event that the participant is a minor, they must declare and acknowledge that they have the written and dated authorisation to participate in the competition by submitting a NASS parental consent form (this can be downloaded on the application form)
*If you are a professional athlete interested in competing at NASS please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must submit a video related to the discipline you would like to enter. If your submission doesn’t match your discipline you will not be judged and your application will be void.
Only 1 video submission per competition will be allowed but you can enter more than one competition.
- if you’re entering the STREET competition your video should include stairs, ledges, rails aka street furniture.
- If you are entering the MINI RAMP competition your video should be filmed with you skateboarding/riding on a mini ramp.
It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to register in the correct discipline and category.
*ROAD TO NASS is against any illegal behaviour or trespassing to film your run
The judges will score the rider by evaluating overall runs, including the execution of the run and the tricks attempted. The judge evaluates the precise nature of the run-in relation to maneuvers attempted, both individually and as a sequence. The overall composition of the run is most important as the judge evaluates the sequences of tricks, the amount of risk in the routine, and how the rider uses the course. The judges take falls and stops into consideration and can deduct points for each fall/stop.
Overall impression of the performance filmed in the video, including but not limited to the following criteria:
- Control of the tricks
- Difficulty of tricks
- Bike Control
- Use of course
- Risk Factor
- Skate Street OPEN | Women Division | ENTER NOW
- Skate Street OPEN | Men division | ENTER NOW
- Skate Mini Ramp OPEN | Women Division | ENTER NOW
- Skate Mini Ramp OPEN | Men Division | ENTER NOW
- Your video submission should solely be recorded for the purpose of the Road to NASS application and not submitted to any other future or past competitions, project or social media promotion.
- By submitting your video to Road to NASS you grant us the rights of ownership, reproduction and public broadcast and confirm you are the copyright owner.
- You must submit a video related to the discipline you would like to enter. If your submission doesn’t match your discipline, you will not be judged, and your application will be void. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to register in the correct discipline and category.
- In the event that the participant is a minor, they must declare and acknowledge that they have the written and dated authorisation to participate in the competition by submitting a NASS parental consent form (this can be downloaded on the application form)
- Entries close at MIDDAY ON 30th MAY 2022. Winners will be contacted w/c 6th June 2022.