The climate crisis is real and it’s vital that we all play our part to help protect the planet.
We know that festivals aren’t (yet) sustainable, but here’s what WE’RE doing to reduce our impact on the environment…
- We’re ditching single use plastic – you won’t find any at our bars and food traders.
- Reusable cups will be used at all at our bars..
- We’ve added a £10 litter bond to each ticket. Return a bag of litter from your camping area when leaving the festival and you’ll get your money back. Easy!
- We’re working with our festival suppliers to reduce the number of vehicles on the road meaning less carbon emissions.
- After the show we’ll share how we’ve done this year and beyond.
However change can only happen when we all take responsibility. Here’s what YOU can do can do to reduce your impact on the environment whilst at NASS…
LEAVE ONLY MEMORIES BEHIND
Take home your tent. Let’s bust a myth…your tent is not reused or recycled when you leave the festival. Did you know 1 tent is the plastic equivalent to 8,750 straws? So if you leave your tent at NASS you might as well ditch metal straws and reusable coffee cups. If you don’t fancy bringing your own camping gear you can choose a hassle-free pre-pitched tent from Camplight!
CARRY A REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE
Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated – re-fill points are available free from multiple taps throughout the camping areas.
USE ONLY BIO-DEGRADABLE GLITTER AND FACE WIPES
Glitter is made from plastic that won’t degrade when in the ground. But don’t worry, you can still sparkle guilt-free! There are many ranges of eco-friendly, biodegradable glitter out there.
BORROW OR SHOP SECOND HAND
Need some camping gear or a new fit to debut at NASS? Why not borrow or shop second hand for your camping equipment or your festival clothes. Vintage looks just as good!
KEEP OUR SITE CLEAN AND RECYCLE YOUR RUBBISH
Put your rubbish in the correct recycling bin whilst at the festival. Simple as that.
GET YOUR LITTER BOND BACK
This year a refundable Litter Bond (£10) will be added to all camping tickets. This will be refunded when you produce one full bag of waste to the Litter Bond Deposit Point along with your Litter Bond ticket.
GET THE BIG GREEN COACH OR CAR SHARE
Choosing the Big Green Coach or car sharing with others helps reduce our carbon footprint keeping NASS green, which is how we like it.