Earlier this month, we opened our DJ competition with Nitelife Magazine to find a DJ talent worthy of a set on one of our main stages at NASS 2020 alongside some of the biggest names in the industry. Last year’s winner, DJ and producer DJ VU warmed up for the likes of Hannah Wants, Redlight and Preditah at The Hangar.
Now it’s up to the public to decide which DJs make it through the first stage to reach our panel of judges made up from the NASS Music Director, the NASS booking team and Nitelife. Find out how to vote below:
How to vote
To vote for your favourite mix, simply give it a like on SoundCloud and you could be giving a life-changing opportunity to an artist.
You have until 5pm on Friday 27 March to get behind your favourite mix. You can listen to all of the entries at the top of this page, or over at the competition’s SoundCloud page.
- Upload your mix to SoundCloud by 11:59pm on Sunday 22 March.
- Use the following title format: ‘NITELIFE DJ competition // (Artist name) mix for NASS 2020 – if you don’t name your entry properly, we might not find it.
- Mixes should be 20 minutes long.
- All valid entries will be put to public vote via nitelifeonline.com and the voting period will run between midday on 23 March – midday on 27 March.
- The five most popular mixes will go through to a panel of judges made up from the NASS booking team, NASS artists and Nitelife to decide the winner.
- We will announce the judges’ final decision and winning mix on 1 April.
- Mixes must be your own work and exclusively created for the purpose of this competition.
- By entering this competition, you confirm that you are available to play NASS Festival on 9 – 12 July 2020.
- The winner will receive a slot on either the Hangar, Warehouse, Southbank or Renegade stages at NASS festival 2020.
- The prize is a set at NASS Festival and free general admission weekend entry for yourself and three friends (you will not be paid for your set).
- The winner will be responsible for their own transport to and from NASS Festival.
- This competition is only open to entrants aged 18 years or over on the date of promotion entry.
- The competition is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales), Isle of Man and Channel Islands only.
All Submission Materials will be screened for compliance with the requirements and standards set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
The Submission Materials MUST NOT:
- Promote illegal drugs, pornography, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or use any of the foregoing), or promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Promote any particular political agenda or message;
- Contain any personally identifiable information about any person other than the entrant, such as personal names or street addresses. Should an entrant include any personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her entry, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and the entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof;
- Violate any law;
- Contain references to pornography, lewd or inappropriate activities, sexual or racial slurs or connotations, offensive language, obscenities or any material that is libellous or defamatory, or would be offensive to, or disparage a group or individual including, without limitation, disparaging attitudes based on race, gender or religion;
The Promoter and its agents reserve the right not to consider, and to exclude, any entry and/or Submission Material they deem, in their sole, subjective determination, to be inappropriate and/or not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and will not engage in any form of communication or discussion with the entrant or anyone else about any entry or Submission Material. All decisions of the Promoter are final and binding and cannot be appealed.