“Upfest is hyped to be back again at this year’s NASS festival bringing local, national and international artists for your visual pleasure. The synergy between urban sports, art and music is a long standing partnership and this year we’re excited to be on board with some extreme talent.” says Stephen Hayles, Upfest founder. We spoke to Stephen about where you should be hanging out at NASS 2019. Get the lowdown below...
Who are you most looking forward to seeing on our NASS 2019 Line Up?
That's a tricky one as we've such a strong Street Art line up at NASS this year, but if you twist my arm I guess I've got to say PichiAvo, the duo are on fire at the moment and we're stoked they agreed to come to NASS this summer, can't wait to see what they produce alongside the main stage. Also hyped at this years artist taking on the Pro-Park, it's a new approach to this area with an artwork by Mr Penfold taking over the whole park. Lastly, Bath & West will become home to two new permanent artworks from Dan Kitchener & L7matrix, both of whom are extremely talented spreed painters.
Best spot to hang out at NASS this summer?
It's got to be Main Stage, what an incredible lineup! and you'll also be able to see the masters 'PichiAvo' at work between some of the music acts.
What are your top three festival tips?
1. Don't burn out on your first day, pace yourself and enjoy the whole NASS experience.
2. Go and watch a band or DJ that you've never been to or heard of before, my best festival experiences have come from random music finds.
3. Take your tent & camping equipment home, it's not just your responsibility, it's your obligation.
Your camping essentials?
1. Ear plugs, even the biggest party animals need to sleep.
2. Power pack, don't get caught out when sharing on social how hyped you are to be at NASS.
3. Pillow case, stuff it with a towel and bobs your uncle.
What exciting things can we expect from our Street Artists at NASS this summer?
We've another crazy line up of artists at this years festival bringing you everything from monsters to Greek gods, be sure to grab a photo and tag @NassFestival & @Upfest and we'll share your shots for the world to see.
Favourite things about NASS?
It's the perfect blend of actions sports, music and street art making it so much more than your ordinary music festival, the site is awesome so come rain or shine it's going to be a mega weekend for all.
Haven't got your ticket yet? There's still time to secure your spot - hit the link below and check out the incredible Street Art they we've got coming to NASS this summer!